Most Mortgage Loan Officers (MLO) proactively solicit new residential mortgage business and sell mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. Mortgage Loan Officers continually identify, develop and maintain a quality networks that serve as recurring sources of referral business for new mortgage lending opportunities. The MLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals and conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advice customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively markets the company’s mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
- Ensures all compliance requirements, including company policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations, are met.
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if borrower and property meet company and regulatory standards. Recommends loan application for approval or rejection, or requests additional information. Establishes terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with customer.
- Ensures that company customer service standards are met.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008.
- Minimum 3 years mortgage originator experience preferred.
- Requires excellent sales, presentation, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Self-starter with demonstrated success in mortgage origination.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
What Grobecker Offers
Reasons to work with Grobecker
- Relationships with the best lenders
- Best MLO payouts
- Broker support for sales and compliance
- E&O insurance included
- Marketing and leads available
What Grobecker offers agents:
- Get paid direct from escrow the same day you close escrow
- Mentor programs for new agents
- No monthly, franchise, E&O or desk fees
- Calyx remote access wth private user login, CRM and lead management
- MLS access and MLS drip for clients
- Training repository
- Corporate email
- Graphic designers on call
- Transaction coordination team
- Paperless office system